Thursday, October 18, 2007

Seattle Beer notes

My september trip to Seattle included stops at Kells. I really loved the Roslyn Brookside Lager from Roslyn Brewing. It has a wonderful fruity complexity to it, which is unusual for a lager (more like a Kolsch). A quick email to the brewer and I learned that he ferments it warm with a lager yeast.

I also enjoyed the Baron Brewing Helles Bock served at the Palace Kitchen. Great malt flavor. Great food at PK at reasonable prices.

On this October trip to Seattle I loved the Feierabend Pub. They have about 18 beers (all German styles) on tap. I tried/sampled about 5 kinds of Octoberfest and several other lagers.

Tap House Grill, 160 draft beers.. need I say more? This place was impressive. I tried two more Baron beers (Pils & Uber-Weiss) and the Brewery Ommegang Hennepin Farmhouse Saison. It's good, but my taste buds still prefer the New Belgium Saison.. the NB has a nice earthy taste.

No comments: