- A clear company policy is set on what open source licenses are allowed and how developers can use open source come or components.
- The corporate code is cleanly annotated with any third party attributions (see below).
- Open Source code that has bad licenses for commercial usage is identified and removed before release.
- A Bill of Materials is created for each release listing third-party software in the release.
- Necessary copyright or other notices appear in About dialogs, manuals or product websites.
* XYZ.com Third-party or Open Source Declaration
* Name: Bart Simpson
* Date of first commit: 04/25/2009
* Release: 3.5 “The Summer Lager Release”
* Component: tinyjson
* Description: C++ JSON object serializer/deserializer
* Homepage: http://blog.beef.de/projects/tinyjson/
* License: MIT style license
* Copyright: Copyright (c) 2008 Thomas Jansen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Note: See below for original declarations from the code